Eighteen People Rescued From Apartment Fire On Monday Morning
Eighteen people, plus a cat and a dog, were rescued after a fire broke out in an apartment in Zabovresky on Monday morning. The South Moravian Fire Department (HZS JMK) suspects the cause of the fire to be a technical fault with the electrics. Photo credit: HZS JMK.
Brno, Jun 30 (BD) – On Monday morning, HZS JMK were dispatched to an apartment fire in Zabovresky. Eighteen people had to be rescued from the apartment building, including one child, as well as a cat and a dog. The apartment was on the first floor of a four-storey building.
According to HZS JMK, the entire building was full of smoke when they arrived, and one room was on fire. The suspected cause of the fire was a technical fault with the electrics.
Ten people were rescued via the stairs, while the other eight, who were hiding from the smoke on their balconies, had to be rescued via an external ladder. The cat, which was rescued from the burning apartment, had stopped breathing and needed to be resuscitated via oxygen therapy, regaining consciousness after a few minutes.
The damage is expected to reach at least CZK 1 million, and the house is currently uninhabitable. Accommodation for the residents is being organized by the city district representatives.